Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Everything You Need







                                               You have everything that you need.

This does not mean all your wishes have come true, desires are fulfilled and (if you are me) your favorite queens from Drag Race show up for your slumber party.

Look inside-you have everything you need to prepare for wishes or desires. Look at your skills.  Do you throw amazing parties? Make great to-do lists? Construct plans to get yourself functioning in the morning and get to work with lunch, book and good hair?

Even the smallest thing can be an asset. I have a great time baking and have been doing it since I was a little girl. I learned to read recipes ahead of time, make sure I had all the ingredients before commencing and through trying, figure out what I baked was going to be like.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last year; this is not a happy regrouping of my life and it has not helped me Learn About Myself any more than any other experience.
I did learn that skills I had could help me function much better than I could have done without. I have learned to make lists in the morning, figure out priorities for the day and gravitate towards what helps me deal. (This actually came out of being very sleepy in the mornings at my former workplace; I knew I did not function well in the morning so-laid out clean clothes before bed, made sure I got good sleep (or some nights, as best as I could do), packed a lunch the night before and made sure my bag had a book for my lunch break. It was a lot of advanced prep, but it saved me on some days when it was very hard to wake up.)

You may have these skills. You may have other resources-a chosen family, a large (or small) friends group, manual skills, how to cook, how to do card tricks, a truck, how to do Excel or Powerpoint. We all have different ones.

Knowing you have everything you need helps you get what you wish and work for even when it just gets you through the day. A friend once said that getting through each day is a victory. Sometimes that is what one needs.

You can get there. You are stronger, faster. You have the technology. You have everything you need-learn how to use it and be proud of who you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment